Saturday 6 April 2013

Saturday 6th April: In the News this Week

It's the week of Saturday 6th April 2013 and...





Outlook Calender... Finally
Only 7 months late the calender on outlook.com has finally been updated to the new metro/modern look.
The calender performs well, is easy to use and the new modern look of it is amazing however as I current Google Calender user, I'm not going to switch to Outlook just yet. The only reason for my delay is that there is no simple way to transfer all of my events over to Outlook Calendar so I would need to remake every event.
I see this isn't a huge problem and I will need to move over to Outlook Calendar eventually when Google Calender stops syncing with Windows Phone. But until then, I like how Google Calender works with every computer and shows you all the information (sometimes too much).
In terms of looks, Outlook looks a lot better and a lot more modern so I do look forward to the day when my whole calendar is on there however for now I am staying with Google.

The scary looking Zygon
Doctor Who 50th Anniversary
Script reading started earlier this week for the 50th Anniversary of BBC Sci-fi Doctor Who. David Tennant (10th Doctor), Billie Piper (10th Doctor's companion), Matt Smith (11th Doctor) and Jenna-Louise Coleman (11th Doctor's companion) were attending the script read through as they will be acting in the November special episode of the show.
The storyline of the episode is still a secret however we found out officially earlier this week that the Zygons will be returning.
The Zygons are a classic Doctor Who monster who were last seen on our screens over two decades ago!
Although, practically nothing is known about the special, it is going to be amazing.

It's Grand National Day
The Grand National is without doubt the most popular horse racing event of the year. It is held at Aintree near Liverpool and 40 Horses enter. Unfortunately 2 horses died in last years race however this year it should hopefully be no horses at all.
I, for one, am certainly looking forward to the race at 4:15PM and I'm sure Channel 4 will do brilliant coverage of it.