Wednesday 19 September 2012

HTC amaze with Windows Phone 8

I have been the proud owner of a HTC Windows Phone 7.5 for almost 6 months now and I don't regret it one bit. The new Nokia Lumia's seem to be pretty average to me. Yes, I'll admit that they have awesome cameras and a few good apps however there is something that HTC does with hardware that I really love.

Rumours suggested that the next HTC Windows Phones were going to be called the Rio, Accord and the Zenith however the rumours were wrong and the 2 new HTC's are called the 8X and the 8S (I honestly perfered Accord).

Surprisingly, Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft was also at the HTC press conference where they announced the phone.

The bigger phone is the HTC 8X and it apparently takes great photos in low light, so I'd  love to see how it compares to the Nokia Lumia 920. The camera on the 8X also has less noise and greater clarity. On the front it has a 2.1 megapixel camera for making Skype calls or something similar.
It is also the first Windows Phone to come with Beats Audio to come built in. This phone also has a 4.3 inch screen.

HTC are taking a massive risk and bringing 8X and 8S phones to more markets than any other phone HTC has ever shipped.
The 8X and 8S will be available in November on 150 operators and in over 50 countries. I can't wait.