Tuesday 3 July 2012

Finally YouView

In October last year I gave a brief report on YouView (a freeview based on-demand service) which was supposed to come out during the early months of this year. I don't know what the delays were but finally, tomorrow, Lord Sugar is going to announce it's full specs and features.
YouView worked with BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and 5 to bring you a subscription free service. That means that there is no monthly costs.
The TV Box is also going to have an App Store so when you are not streaming TV, you are able to check your Twitter or Facebook. It has full HD Support and the only thing you need is a TV and a good broadband connection.
I'm honestly considering buying YouView however it depends on 2 things. 1) The price. I think that the YouView box will probably cost some where around £150 because if it was any more than £200 then no-one would buy it. 2) Ease of use. I don't want to pay for something that is complicated or hard to use. Hopefully it will be as simple as just a click to load all the programs from yesterday that I may have missed.