Tuesday 25 October 2011

Hypnotism

My PAPE"R"MAIL in the next edition of the Wyvern is going to hopefully going to be about Hypnotism. I am currently fascinated with it. So far I have learnt that a hypnotist tries to contact the sub concious mind and that you can never do anything why you are hypnotised which you would not normally do. e.g kill someone.
Hypnotists hypnotise people and make them do stuff by making suggestions to the brain. A hypnotist could convince your brain that your hand is stuck to the table when in fact it is not stuck at all. I think that is why if you tell your self something so many times you will eventually believe it. Another example is that if a child gets bullied at school and everybody called him stupid. His brain could eventually start believing what other people are saying.
The video below was one I looked at to help me write my article.
http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~kihlstrm/PDFfiles/Hypnotizability/SHSSC%20Script.pdf